Pages

Thursday, August 5, 2010

let's get motivated!

i'm in a mood to get things done. i don't know why, because i'm usually a mega procrastinator. i think i'm good at TALKING about getting things done, lol, but never actually taking action to do it.

i'm talking about anything and everything. everyday chores, laundry, painting my nails and that kind of thing. but i'm also talking about the stuff that i'm always thinking i should do - like go through and organise my ipod songs and reorganizing my room - and things i know i need to be doing - like growing spiritually, actually building on the relationships i have, setting examples for my friends, getting deeper in my bible....those kinds of things.

these opportunities have always been open to me, but i think now i've finally realized that if i want my life, my relationships with others, and my relationship with God to change, then i need to change them myself. God has always provided for me. now i need to take action!

so this morning i woke up and thought "let's get motivated!" when i feel far from God it's because of me, not him, not even the circumstances i'm under. just me. my attitude, my motivation, and my eagerness to learn is what makes or breaks my relationship with God. he's always there for me when i'm ready to come back...that's so exciting!

anywhoooo that's what's goin' on with me. there's soooo much room for growth in my life, i just need to look at my opportunities and make something of them!
take action!

lataaah!
eh
"For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to sparate us from the love of God that is Christ Jesus our Lord"
Romans 8:37-39

1 comment:

  1. amen to feeling motivated!
    i love your blog, ellie, your such a good and genuine writer :)
    keep it up even though i gave up on mine momentarily haha.
    love you girl, see you in less than a week! OH MY! :D

    ReplyDelete